» Singing Dhrupad is a mental-emotional journey, a timeless ride through the universe.»
Aana is producing «Ritual Groove Music» – in it’s traditional form as Dhrupadmusic or as a future production with modern Electronic elements (e.g. the project DIALOGUE) or composed as Neue Musik (e.g. the project CYCLE). Aana creates an athmosphere, where the audiance is empowerded to connect with the inner world, to focus on sound and rhythm in it’s pure form and to experience an exquisite emotional-mental journey.
Aana can be booked in following formations or settings:
- SOLO DHRUPAD Vocal with Tanpura
- Band TranZemble: electronical Ritual Groove Music
- Formation WISDOM WORDS: acustic Ritual Groove Music focused on wisdom word source text intonantions
- Temporary formation DIALOGUE with Aana (Vocals, Tanpura), Raushan Orazbayeva (Qyl Qobyz, Kazakhstan) and Senhora O Do (virtual instruments, Portugal)
- Temporary formation CYCLE with Aana (Vocals, CH), Willy Strehler (Vocals, Electronic effects, CH), Naoyuki Manabe (Sho-Flute, Japan)
- Vocal with Tanpura and percussion (Tabla or Mrdangam, evt. Pakhavaj, evt. Tabla)
- Dhrupad Crossover: Dhrupad Vocal with Tanpura and Percussion including a guest musician of Indian classical like Sarod, Sitar, Veena, Bansuri etc.
A traditional Dhrupad concert contains the part Alaap (slow and meditative), Jod (Rhythm picks up), Jhala (Rhythme speeds up), Bandish (song with improvisation). The vocalist is accompanied by the drone instruments Tanpura and the horizontal drum Pakhavaj.
All is improvised and throughout the performance the sound itself remains in the focus. A Raag is shown in all its deepness and with its particularities -microtonal precise. The performance is about tension and release, question and answer. It is a communication between the listener, the singer and the universe. It is Naad Yoga! The more one is able to focus the mind and concentrate, the more intense the bliss will be.
Depending on the daytime and season a Raag is chosen, which is the energetical equivalent of the outer physical state. The story goes, that the Rishis or sages was searching the way how to merge with nature, and they found it in the Dhrupadmusic and it’s Raga.